About Bob Bly
Bob Bly is a full-time freelance copywriter specializing in direct marketing. He earns more than $600,000 a year from his freelance writing, and became a self-made multi-millionaire while still in his 30s.
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of more than 60 books including The Copywriter's Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books).
He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Subscription Marketing, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer's Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob's writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He also taught writing at New York University.
Bob has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer.
What they say about
Bob Bly's copy and counsel
"Good things are happening. I am getting a steady stream of Trial and Demo requests from the new site. These requestors are filling out the entire contact form. The site is simpler now, and I am still working to make it even more so. I appreciate your work." —Jim Romano, DataForceOne
"Thank you so much for your wonderful work. It has been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to working with you on another project in the near future. You were always available, quick to answer questions and always exceeded my expectations. You truly are a gifted writer." —Aaron Griffith, The Griffith
"Bob, again thanks for the great copy. You consistently help us reach customers with compelling, actionable content, when others just can't!" —William McElleney, IBM
"The feedback keeps coming in and we all agree yours was a truly helpful, useful, insightful and effective workshop. You did a fantastic job inspiring the troops and we've already begun applying some of the key learnings." —Paul Connors, Copywriting Manager, A large financial services company in the Chicago area
"Bob...your creative work, patience, and 'partnership' with us at IT Group has virtually propelled us to another level of business professionalism and recognition. The response we've received from your letters has been nothing short of tremendous. We've not only derived significant business from these unforgettable mailings--your efforts have sparked a creative energy within our ranks which will assist us in years to come. Thanks for your guidance and counsel." —John A. Fallone, IT Group International
"I hired Bob on his reputation, and found it is well-deserved. His act-finding process in preparation to write our copy was both painless and enlightening. The final deliverables were right on time as promised, and better than expected – which is saying a lot because my expectations were high. The first time I read his copy for our project, I literally got chills down my back – he nailed it the first time. Wow." —Dennis Rosenberg, VP Marketing, VNUS Medical Technologies, Inc.
"Bob Bly did an amazing job with our company brochure. We are very impressed with his capacity to learn our product and to write copy so clearly and pointedly. Bob Bly is a great marketing investment." —Michael Manoussos, Manhole Barrier Systems
"Great white paper! I'm in favor of the entire submission. Please congratulate Bob on a great effort." —Michael C. Howard, Chasm Recovery
"Your Tax Loopholes ad looked great and is performing very well. Thanks for the strong copy." —Brian Kurtz, Boardroom
"You did an excellent job. It's been a pleasure working with you on this project." —Edward Brunet, Decatur Professional Development, LLC
"Thank you very, very much for doing such a great job on the ad. I was one of those folks who would read the ads in the DAK catalog by Drew Kaplan and this was as enjoyable for me as that." —Chris Pickering, MeritDirect
"Bob ... Just got the copy and advertisement you did for my new book... It's great! You are good! Great job... you have tremendous insights into what excites and what sells!" —Don Libey, Libey Incorporated
"In my opinion, you are the best copywriter in the software industry." —Judy MacDonald, Director of Marketing, Direct Response
"When I received the piece, I thought, I'll have to skim over it now and read it later. But, once I started, I couldn't stop! You did a GREAT job with Ken's story. I love it. It kept me reading. I'm VERY pleased with it." —Craig Simpson, Ken Roberts Company
"Bob, It's been a pleasure to work with you!!! Thank you so much! I'm very happy with the copy; I feel it will give me good results." —Alejandra P. Bigai, Romanicos Chocolate
"Thanks again for a great job." —Davis Ross, Ross Advertising
"I just wanted to thank you again for the excellent work you did for us. You are the man and I can't tell you how much I admired your approach and service. Although I've never worked with a copywriter before, I think you set the standard pretty high. I look forward to working with you again. You certainly have my vote for the next round!" —DP Jovine, Tycoon Research
"Great job – I'm always amazed at how you can boil the complex down into simple terms. It flows very well." —Kyle Hodgens, Capital Financial Media
"Thank you for the copy. I see why you're the expert. It's so simple, it's brilliant." —Sau Hyoung Pak, Big Machine
"The radio spots are very well done. I am very impressed with your work and copywriting expertise. We will be making the changes to the print ad as you suggested. In the future we may work with you to design a totally new print ad. Again I'd like to say I'm impressed with your services. You were prompt, informative, and definitely know your stuff. We will be recommending you to others and doing repeat business." —Joshua Andrews, Health Solutions, LLC
"When people get to the promotion, the promotion has a good conversion rate. In one test, it actually had a 14% conversion to sale... can't ask for much better than that." —David Galland, Casey Research
"I loved the ad! I don't see any reason for revision so I have already put through a check request for the balance I owe you on the ad. We are very excited about this one. I can't wait to see how it does. Thanks so much!" —Alice Wessendorf, Agora Health Book
"I show off the work that we did on lead generation for negotiation -- as well as the conversion program from HMCL -- as big successes." —Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Thank you for being very instrumental on making the launch of the wealth management book such a resounding success. It was so successful that we had to request more copies." —Ingrid Boney, II
"Thanks, Bob! You are awesome to work with." —Matt Morsa, Stock Secrets, Inc.
"I've spoken to a thousand copywriters over the years and Bob Bly is the best. He knows what he's doing." —Joe Culotta, Natural Medicine Co.
"I am happy to report to you that your piece out produced the 4 other packages we tested against it. I want to talk to you about another project...." —Nick Roumi, Pacific Coast Funding
"This is an outstanding letter. Really nice work!" —Paul Szymanski, Harvard Business School Publishing
"Like the package ... the tone ... I think it's excellent." —Bill Caskey, Caskey Sales Achievement
"We are very pleased with your copy approach because your copy seems to speak to the neurologist better than the copy in previous promotions. Moreover, your copy presses the sell better and more effectively. I really value your direct marketing copy capabilities and I'm thrilled to have you working with MedLink." —Jim Chacona, MedLink
"Just wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank you for the hard work and energy you've poured into the Sinatra product package. You are a joy to work with." —Gail Diggs, Phillips Health
"Thanks again… you did a great job." —Caleb Cherry, Capital Financial Media
"You are a genius! I rarely love copy this much from the get-go.
You hit it on the head!" —Sara Pond, Nightingale-Conant
"The original ad insert of 'Wall Street's Loss is Your Gain' continues to kick butt -- pulls 12 to 15 subscriptions a week. Not bad for a $500 investment made 5 months ago." —Charles Mizrahi, Stealth Stocks
"As a marketing professional, for 17 years I wrote my own promotional material. But I am not a professional copywriter. It wasn't until I took my own advice that I started getting the results I deserved. With Bob Bly, I got what I wanted - in the promised time frame - with re-writes - and the results I wanted. Thanks Bob!" —Mark Amtower, Amtower & Company
"I found your ad copy compelling, powerful...even entertaining. You really communicated the 'feel' of the message we are selling. Thanks for such great work, Bob!"
—Ashley Earnhardt Aiken, Thomas Nelson Publishers
"Bob wrote the most ballsy ad in the history of Dynamic Changes and it set sales records this fall. People couldn’t stop themselves from responding."
—Richard Scheffren, Dynamic Changes Hypnosis
My colleague BF used to hold a regular 9-to-5 job.
Like you do (perhaps?), BF wanted to escape the rat race.
And like you, he figured that starting his own Internet marketing business would be a good way to do it.
But unlike most small Internet marketers, BF built a big business – grossing $10 million a year in sales with 40 full-time employees.
BF attributes his rise to self-made, multi-millionaire, Internet marketer to one primary factor – a concerted effort to raise his company's rankings in the search engines
Sure, he does other things, like banner ads and e-mails.
But the bulk of his marketing time and money is focused like a laser on making sure that when an Internet user searches for his product category, BF’s site comes up first.
For instance, one of the most potent strategies for "search engine optimization" -- or SEO – is to increase the number of sites linking to your site.
Reason: the more sites linking to your site, the higher the search engines rank your site.
BF told me he has three full-time employees who spend the lion's share of their time contacting other sites, and arranging for them to link to BF's site.
Or take TR, who is marketing manager in charge of online commerce for a company that sells gifts on the Internet.
Mainly through SEO, he has taken his company to annual sales of $42 million.
During the peak holiday season, they sometimes get more than 2,000 orders an hour – the majority generated through search engine traffic.
Then there's MB. He works in the marketing department for a mattress company.
Thanks, in large part, to his successful SEO tactics, MB increased online revenues from mattress sales a whopping 1,500% in just 18 months.
These successful Internet entrepreneurs have made millions of dollars with their Internet marketing... where so many others have made more modest amounts, or even no money at all.
I truly belief BF and TR and MB are no smarter than you or I.
But they do know one thing that most Internet marketers don't know
...and that is: how to generate a flood of Web site traffic by increasing their rankings in all of the key search engines.
Yes, there is such thing as a FREE LUNCH ... at least on the Internet!
When I tell you that you can raise your rankings in Google and other search engines starting tomorrow...
...I'm not talking about paid search, like Google AdWords, where you have to pay a fixed dollar amount for every click the search engine sends to your site.
Imagine paying a buck a click -- and getting a thousand clicks a week.
That adds up fast, and at that rate, yo'’ll write checks to Google for $50,000 a year... and Lord knows, those guys don't need the money.
But imagine if you could figure out a way to "trick" Google, Overture, Ask, Yahoo, and other search engines – major and minor – to leapfrog your Web site!
Your Web site could, in short order, jump from the back to the front of their rankings in every key word and product category you care about.
Google would rank your site in your favorite key words in the top five – instead of at the bottom – without payment from you of any kind.
And when prospects searched your favorite key words on Yahoo, your site would pop up first!
If that doesn't excite you … if you're not seeing the dollars pouring into your Click Bank and PayPal accounts yet... you're not yet seeing the big picture.
80+% of Web traffic is generated through search engines.
The big picture is that as many as 84.8% of Internet users turn to search engines to find Web sites, content, products, and services they need online.
That translates into 220 million active Internet users worldwide conducting 320 million daily searches... generating online sales predicted to reach $218 billion annually by 2007.
So unless you optimize your Web sites for search engines, your Internet marketing business will never be as successful as it could be.
And you'll be leaving thousand of dollars in profits on the table... giving those revenues right to your competitors... because you haven't bothered to perform SEO on your sites.
But now you don't have to. Because you can...
...double or triple your Web traffic and revenues
with these battle-tested SEO secrets!
In my new program, created in collaboration with my co-author Kim Stacey -- Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing -- I share with you proven, utterly pragmatic methods you can use to quickly and easily transform your search engine rankings from abysmal to stellar.
In Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing, you'll discover:
- How quickly must your site download over a dial-up Internet connection for Yahoo to give it preferential ranking? See whether yours is fast enough to get special treatment. Page 51.
- The 4 most essential Web metrics you must monitor … and an easy way to measure each. Page 34.
- How to silently monitor every visitor while they surf your site... and analyze this behavior to optimize site performance. Page 38.
- Easy, free tool lets you find out what key words people are really searching on when buying the type of product, service, or information you sell. Page 12.
- 10 questions to ask before you hire an SEO consultant... and the right answer to each. Page 5.
- The first 135 characters of your "meta description tag" are one of the key factors determining whether search engines can find your site. Here's what yours should say. Page 18.
- 8 low-cost/no-cost ways to drive tons of traffic – and hoards of eager buyers -- to your Web site. Page 42.
- Larry Chase's 9 critical rules for measuring SEO effectiveness and Web site performance. Ignore them at your peril. Page 39.
- U.S. population is only 290 million people, but world population is more than 6 billion people. Take your traffic to the next level by getting listed on foreign search engines. Page 54.
- Do you really need to worry about SEO, especially if the Internet is not your primary source of new business? The answer may surprise you. Page 3.
- Out of every 100 words of copy on your Web site, how many should be key words and phrases? Master this "rule of thumb" for SEO copywriting and watch your search engine rankings rise to the top. Page 18.
- 10 powerful, proven ways to make your Web site more attractive to your visitors and the search engines. Page 20.
- Why and how to make your Web sites “W3C” (World Wide Web Consortium) compliant. Page 7.
- 3 tips for making your guarantee work stronger on your Web sites and landing pages. Page 26
- People searching online frequently misspell key words and phrases. But should you deliberately include these misspellings in your key words? Answer on page 48.
- 5 easy ways to raise your ranking on the Google search engine. Page 55.
- Speed and simplify Web page design with these "cascading style sheets" – easy-to-use templates that define colors, fonts, and layout. Page 9.
- Cant seem to work key words easily and smoothly into your narrative online copy? Her's an easy "cheat" that lets you load your Web pages with key words without making your copy awkward or ineffective. Page 23.
- Free online "key word thesaurus" lets you find all relevant key words for your offer, in seconds, at the click of a mouse. Page 16.
- Increase the number of sites that link to your site, and you boost your search engine rankings. Here are the top 4 strategies... and 6 best online tools... for attracting other sites to link with yours like bees to honey. Begins on page 31.
- How to edit, rewrite, and fix every page on all your sites so they become much more visible to search engines. Page 11.
- The 3 most important meta tags... and what to put in each. Page 18.
- Little-known copywriting technique helps prospects to visualize owning your product before they buy it. Plus: 3 quick tips for writing stronger headlines. Page 24.
- What is "cloaking"... a "doorway page"... a "crawler"... a "GSI"? Handy glossary translates Internet jargon into plain English, so you know what your Web vendors are talking about – and they cant bamboozle you with big words. Starts on page 57.
- How to use the power of storytelling to make a stronger connection with your Web site visitors. Page 25.
- 18 great Web sites...10 terrific blogs... and 7 "must-read" e-newsletters where you can learn more about SEO, Web analytics, and related Internet marketing topics. Turn to page 63.
- op 12 Web analytic tools and service providers who can help you measure your search engine rankings, site traffic, and other key Web metrics. Page 67.
- And so much more...
Best of all, you don't need a large staff, a big marketing budget, outrageously prices SEO consultants, or special skills or talents to perform SEO for all your Web sites.
Remember, SEO is just about the least costly marketing you can do – online or offline. All you have to do is follow our proven yet simple instructions.
To order your copy of Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, just click below now:
How to save thousands of dollars in SEO fees
When big corporations perform SEO on their sites, they hire an expert to either do all the SEO work... or guide their IT staff in the process.
You could also hire these same SEO consultants to optimize your sites... but the problem is, their fees are geared toward big corporations, not the little operators like you and me.
I've talked with many SEO consultants. Those who work on a per diem rate typically charge $1,000 to $2,000 a day.
In fact, I've seen proposals these SEO consultants have submitted to major corporations to SEO their sites – with price tags as high as $100,000 or more!
But you won't pay $100,000... $1,000... or even $100... to put Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing to work, raising the search engine rankings of every site you own, in all the key words you care about.
That's because my Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing e-book is yours for just $39... less than what you’d pay for dinner for two in a decent restaurant.
You get the latest SEO "best practices," techniques, and strategies... for less than what I charge my clients for just 5 minutes of my time! If you know business, you know that’s a great deal.
And unlike other marketing consultants, ad agencies, and SEO copywriters – most of whom don't guarantee their work – I DO guarantee your success with my Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing.
Because now you can...
Use it risk-free for 90 days
That's right. If, after reviewing Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing, your search engine rankings and Web site traffic don't soar... or you are dissatisfied for any other reason (or for no reason at all)... just let me know within 90 days.
I'll refund your $39 payment in full. No questions asked. That way, you risk nothing.
So, what are you waiting for?
In 90 days or sooner, you could be on your way to building the huge, highly profitable Internet Marketing business you’ve dreamed of – the entrepreneurial venture that is your ticket to:
- Achieving total financial independence.
- Quitting the 9-to-5 rat race.
- Being your own boss.
- Making thousands of dollars a week in your online business.
- Earning a great living by “working” from home just a few hours a day.
- Even becoming an Internet millionaire!
To order Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing on a 90-day risk-free trial basis, click below now:
P.S. Quick-Response Bonus! Order Ultimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing today and you get a FREE Bonus Report -- Online Marketing That Works (list price: $29).
In this 47-page guide to Internet marketing, you'll discover:
- How to break into your prospect’s "e-mail inner circle."Page 6.
- 27 tips for writing e-mail marketing messages that work. Starts on page 33.
- How to write, publish, and distribute your own e-newsletter... and do it in less than 2 hours a month. Page 9.
- The 10 steps to outrageous online marketing success. Page 3.
- How I built my e-list from 3,000 names to 53,000 names in just 6 weeks for less than $1,000. Page 15.
- Converting leads to sales with the "online conversion" strategy. Page 27.
- Most common Web site mistakes – and how to avoid them. Page 42.
- And more...
So what are you waiting for? To orderUltimate Secrets of Search Engine Marketing... and get your FREE Bonus Report,Online Marketing That Works... just click below now: